It’s time to welcome you back! Re-opening on 15th July 2020!
A much-needed escape to the breathtaking Highlands awaits you
… smell the pine trees and wildflowers, breathe fresh air, stride out on the West Highland Way or climb a hill … the new gold of Tyndrum is freedom and space.
Coronavirus means we are changing how we do some things to help stop the virus spread and look out for the health of our guests and our team.
We have already put in place enhanced cleaning, social distancing plus specific training and PPE. We promise we will do all we can to follow the latest and most relevant guidance and to keep you fully informed about what we are doing.
Some government guidance means that we cannot offer everything we used to – at least for now. This is constantly changing, and we promise to keep you updated on how this might affect you during your stay.
Coming & Going
Before you travel
Read all our guidelines before you come, and you may want to pack:
- A face mask/covering – these are not mandatory for guests and is a personal choice.
- Disposable gloves if you like to use them.
- Travel hand sanitiser.
Please do not travel if you have:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees or higher).
- A new and continuous cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Someone in your party who is “shielding”.
- Loss of taste or smell.
When you arrive
- Your room will be ready after 4:30pm.
- Send just one member of your party to reception to collect your key and make payment.
- If the receptionist is already dealing with a guest, please continue into the dining room and take a seat. Please remain in the same seat and observe social distancing rules.
- Please collect your breakfast bag at reception when you check-in.
During your stay
- Stick to all government guidelines and any procedures we have in place.
- Wash your hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations.
- Keep your distance from others.
There are 3 separate lodges each with a central corridor serving 8 rooms. Please do not enter the corridor if it is already occupied. Please do not hang around in the corridor.
Only 1 family group to occupy the drying room at any time.
Laundry facilities will be available, social distancing to be observed.
When you leave
If you have developed any of the coronavirus symptom during your stay, please stay in your room and report this to the manager by phone ASAP who will advise you accordingly.
When you are about to depart, please leave your key on the reception desk.
Cleaning & hygiene around the lodges
We have developed enhanced cleaning procedures in partnership with our suppliers to help stop virus spread amongst our guests and our team. From front of house to behind the scenes, enhanced cleaning measures not only means that we are cleaning more regularly, but that we are zoning in on high contact areas.
We have implemented a deep cleaning procedure for guestrooms which includes washing linen and bedding at 60 degrees and cleaning down all soft furnishings between stays.
To minimise deliveries, we’ve streamlined our supply chain and only work with companies who meet the highest safety and cleanliness standards.
Most cleaning is done with cotton/man made and micro-fibre cloths. After each use the cloths are either appropriately discarded or washed at a high temperature for re-use.
To help stop virus spread our team are all:
- Trained on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols, and what they do if a guest or colleague becomes unwell.
- Washing their hands and using hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
- Trained on physical distancing guidelines and protocols whether that is behind the scenes or when working with guests.
- Provided with the right PPE for their role and trained in how to use and dispose of it safely.
A hospitality tray will be in your room, but please pick up tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits at check in.
If there are times when we need access to your room during your stay to carry out essential maintenance and social distancing cannot be maintained, we’ll ask you to leave and we’ll give you a call when it’s safe to return.
If you have booked breakfast, this will be offered in individual bags consisting of a pastry/muffin, piece of fruit, breakfast bar and a bottle of water. This can either be taken away, or eaten in your bedroom. If you would like a porridge pot, let us know as they can be prepared in your room.
Our team are formally trained in food safety best practice which has been enhanced to help stop virus spread.
We have also re-organised our kitchen to help with social distancing behind the scenes.
The items used and methods of preparation require minimal handling.
Do let us know of any food allergens as soon as you can.